Saturday, November 8, 2008

Minesweeper and the Beach

I just finished a game of minesweeper on expert. The reason I'm happy is because the game almost always ends this way, there's two spares left and only one of them is a mine. Guess which one always gets picked. Like not just most of the time, but an unreasonably high amount of the time.
Anyway, today Ally and I went to the beach to celebrate Jay's birthday. Jay and Rosie are another couple we met at the institute a while ago. They're a pretty cool couple. Jay's an EE major who plays guitar while Rosie just got her degree in history and is substitute teaching. Teaching sounds like a really rewarding job to me. In the past I've done a bit of tutoring and its something I enjoy quite a bit. The higher the level of the math the more rewarding it feels. Sometimes I think being a university professor is something I would enjoy a lot. However I feel uncertain about doing that since I still haven't really had any good research experience and I'm not sure how easy it is to find jobs like that. Its something I guess that's been weighing on my mind a bit and I just wanted to get it out. Oh yeah, and the other little concern, I probably wouldn't make that much and et I will be in a good deal of debt from school. S'ka gje.

3 comments:

Ally Schulkins said...

Correction, WE are already in a lot of debt from school :)

Allison said...

Billy? You have a BLOG?? I fully support your current bloggingness. I think you should make it a habit. And what's this about another couple? Especially another couple that doesn't even have a name that's similar?? Is it because we're too far away? You can't do the long distance thing?

Schulk-Hogan's Heroes said...

Thanks Allison. I think the long distance thing will work better when we finally can Skype it up with you guys.